Battersea Heliport originally started life back in 1959 when planning permission was obtained from central government to operate under a series of permissions.
Following closure of the City of London floating helipad at Trigg Lane in 1985, Battersea Heliport, located in Lombard Road on the Battersea riverside, became the only CAA licensed heliport serving the city of London. This remains the position today and the London Heliport continues to provide an essential service to the business community and local emergency services, such as the London Air Ambulance (HEMS).
The Reuben Brothers purchased The London Heliport in February 2012, for £35million. Their investment activities include; real estate, natural resources, aviation, technology media and telecoms, leisure and racing.