London Heliport is a CAA licensed aerodrome (Ordinary Category) as detailed in the UK AIP. It provides a local Air Traffic Service and Category H2 Rescue and Fire Fighting Services.
Permitted Opening Hours
- 07:00 to 23:00 (7 days a week)
Core Operating Hours
- 07:30 to 19:30 (Monday – Friday)
- 08:00 to 18:00 (Sat/Sun & Bank Holidays)
Extended Operating Hours (By prior arrangement only)
Extended operating periods are based on the actual arrival time and departure times.
- Early extensions: 07.00 – 07.29
- Evening extensions: 19.30 – 20.59
- Late extensions: 21.00 – 23.00
Requests for evening or late extensions should be made by 19:30 on the same day (18:00 at weekends). All requests for early extensions should be made by at least 18:00 on the previous day.
Last permitted movements
Aircraft arriving to park overnight must be on the ground by 22:55 and aircraft looking to depart must be airborne by 22:45. ATC will refuse arrival or departure if these times are exceeded. This is to allow for:
- Monitoring of departing aircraft in case of any emergency requiring return to the Heliport
- Sufficient time for ATC to obtain departure clearance for outbound aircraft
Helicopter types permitted
All commercial and military helicopter types are permitted to land at London Heliport, although there are specific operational regulations to cover larger aircraft in Groups 5 (see pricing table for categories):